[nos-bbs] KLMproxy - Windows TCP/IP without the IP overRF-anoldidea ...

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at jnos.org
Fri Jul 1 12:43:53 EDT 2005

> > THAT'S AN INCREDIBILE IDEA!   No need to mess around with a 15 year
> > old HP PDA running DOS JNOS in the mobile.  That'll give us a full featured
> > mobile system at a low cost with minimal power consumption.
>
> Ooooooooooooooooops!!! don't tell me you are an HP200LX owner Bill, because
> this is what I run my JNOS in when portable/mobile.

I have the HP100LX but haven't put the latest jnosaprs on it yet.  Looking forward to
dumping the dumb tracker and using that for the main aprs system in the car.  The HP's
fit much nicer on the dash then the PALM.

>> Good let's talk more about it. I am going to a lighthouse activation next
> weekend (9-10 July) and I will try to use my HP200LX/FT-100/FT-817/PTC-
> IIe/JNOS for accessing e-mail via the WINLINK2000 system, thanks to Maiko's
> continual support even for DOS/JNOS. I tried it and JNOS2c4 with the latest
> HF PACTOR mods compiled and works in my HP200LX. I will let you know of the
> outcome of my HP200LX/JNOS adventures.

Sounds like a good adventure.   Will there be pictures on the web?

> Apart from HF-PACTOR I can work 1200
> and 9600 PACKET with my FT-817

I've been asking for years if the FT-817 can "really" do 9600 packet.  If so, what
a great little all purpose all band radio.   If you get a chance, try the 100 pings of 1K bytes
test and let us know how it turns out.

I'm afraid my HF portable operation is going to be restricted to soundcard modes
and P1 with the old Kam-Enhanced.  Still it's some interesting technology and great
that Maiko has it in JNOS for us.

> I will keep the list posted.

I'll be looking forward to it.

> ---