[nos-bbs] KLMproxy - Windows TCP/IP without the IP over RF-anoldidea ...

sv1uy sv1uy at ham.depa.gr
Fri Jul 1 10:31:31 EDT 2005

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:58:19 -0500 (CDT), Bill Vodall wrote
> THAT'S AN INCREDIBILE IDEA!   No need to mess around with a 15 year
> old HP PDA running DOS JNOS in the mobile.  That'll give us a full featured
> mobile system at a low cost with minimal power consumption.

Ooooooooooooooooops!!! don't tell me you are an HP200LX owner Bill, because
this is what I run my JNOS in when portable/mobile. I also have a PALM but I
use it with my TH-D7 for APRS or as a terminal when I want my computer to
fit in my shirt pocket!

> We can even use multidrop kiss or HSP to hook a GPS in and run GPSD
> on the WRT54G.
>
> WOW!
>
> That made my morning.
>
> 73,
> Bill - WA7NWP

Good let's talk more about it. I am going to a lighthouse activation next
weekend (9-10 July) and I will try to use my HP200LX/FT-100/FT-817/PTC-
IIe/JNOS for accessing e-mail via the WINLINK2000 system, thanks to Maiko's
continual support even for DOS/JNOS. I tried it and JNOS2c4 with the latest
HF PACTOR mods compiled and works in my HP200LX. I will let you know of the
outcome of my HP200LX/JNOS adventures. Apart from HF-PACTOR I can work 1200
and 9600 PACKET with my FT-817 altough you need a different cable for doing
9600 with the PTC-IIe and FT-817/FT-100 and 1200 bps is better for long
range. I hope this summer I will find some free time during my holidays and
test 9600 with this radio a bit more although doing 9600 with a non data
radio is a recipe for disaster. I like the idea of using the PR430 better
than using a so called 9600 ready radio.

I will keep the list posted.

---
73 de Demetre SV1UY
e-mail: sv1uy at ham.depa.gr