[nos-bbs] The TUN Tunnel driver for JNOS - memory leak !

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Mon Feb 21 23:19:00 EST 2005

Hi Bob,

> Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can track down the Jnos restarts?

When you have JNOS running, in a separate terminal or window, run
the gdb utility (as root). If the JNOS pid is 27325 for example,
then run the gdb using 'gdb -p 27325'. It will STOP jnos and give
you a prompt, just type 'continue' to let it go.

The next time JNOS restarts (because I assume it has crashed), hopefully
the gdb will break out and you can then enter the command 'where' or
'backtrace' and it will dump the place where the crash occurred type
of thing. It would be helpful to have the JNOS compiled with the -g
debug option.

Another question, is this something you compiled yourself ? Did you
compile it on the same machine you're running it on ?

Maiko