[nos-bbs] NOSAPRS Digipeating

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at jnos.org
Mon Apr 25 22:52:12 EDT 2005

> I can add those features, or try, but if only 1 or 2 people
> in the whole world will ever use NOSaprs for that, I have to
> question whether it's worth spending the time writing the
> code for it.

I would suggest it handle it similar to Xastir.   If we need
a real smart digi - then we can use digi-ned.   JNOS can't
be everything...

Xastir simply allows handling two digi aliases, RELAY for the
old scheme and WIDE1-1 for the new - with callsign substitution
on both.  We have one digi built in to the ax25 port now.  Adding a
second and adding substitution should do the trick.  This isn't even
in the aprs code.  I'll look at adding it later tonight.

For now, handling WIDE1-1 allows one to play fill in digi..

Thanks,

73,
Bill