[nos-bbs] Re: AXUDP and APRS

Andre v Schayk andre at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Tue Apr 12 00:47:54 EDT 2005

Bill Vodall WA7NWP schreef:

> [...]
Yes but that is only for the incomming stream, for the outgoing stream
you change the flags in the route to udp, this means that you can´t mix
default and broadcast with udp.

>All the docs I find suggest it's port 93 I have to forward through the
>Internet
>router - correct?

that is the default port but you can change that by adding the port to
the socket udp line.

>I'm running in TNC mode so that means I'm exchanging KISS packets?

ax25ipd always exchanges kiss packets to the serial port or pipe, digi
or tnc changes the ways the packets are handled

>Does anybody with a running axudp system have a few moments to add me
>temporarily (maybe?) to their setup so help me debug the system here.

not right now, sorry

>had this all running about 4 years ago and I made the mistake of turning it
>off.
>It's always harder to restart something then to keep it going.
>
>Thanks,
>Bill

73 de Andre PE1RDW