[nos-bbs] Remote AX25 Attach with JNOS

wa7nwp at jnos.org wa7nwp at jnos.org
Fri Apr 8 00:08:18 EDT 2005

> Given AXUDP and AXIP, which would be preferred?

Thanks again for all the info.  It's making more
sense and I'm about ready to jump in and start using
it.

Next couple questions..

1.  Ok.. AXUDP gives me an AX25 circuit virtualized on
UDP packets.  That's cool and useful.   But...  assuming
I have a linux box with a RF port AX0 and an AXUPD port
Au0 (or whatever) -- is there some way to route ALL the packet
traffic on AX0, from RF, out the AXUDP port so the remote
system see's it?  This would be bidirectional so packets from
the AXUDP client would be transmitted.   This is exactly what
we get locally with the 'net2kiss' tool.

2.  Anybody thinking about dynamic AXUDP setups?  By dynamic,
I mean one where it's not configured ahead of time by the sysop.
A client would "login" with the appropriate credentials and
establish an AXUDP circuit.   This is analogous to the Igate
and clients of the APRS world.   Having an easy way like this
to participate in the network would not only be very useful for
various projects, but would make it far easier for new folks
to join in and get their feet wet.   We could have a "rotate.ampr2.org"
or similar for major network servers and it wouldn't matter to the
client which one they connected to.

73 and tnx again.
Bill - WA7NWP