[nos-bbs] more on this jnos <-> winlink2000 or airmail forwarding

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sun Apr 3 17:56:35 EDT 2005

I've noticed that with WinLink and Airmail, they make use of the
checksum value in the 'F>' command used to end the proposal block.

According to the FBB protocol documents at F6FBB, it is OPTIONAL,
however I'm starting to wonder if in fact for AirMail and WinLink
it is MANDATORY.

One thing I have noticed when JNOS sends only the 'F>' is that
the other station has NOT changed over (almost like it's waiting
for more data, ie: the checksum). I did a small test just a few
minutes ago, and put in a fake checksum. Sure enough the other
station terminated the call almost immediately !

I'm going to put in the checksum code and see what that does
to help the situation. JNOS never did have the optional code,
so perhaps it's time to add it.

Hope that makes sense.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM