[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0 and NETWRONG

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sat Oct 23 22:23:24 EDT 2004

Hi,

> This thing happened in version 1.11f also but rarely.
> In version 2.0 it happens all the time.

The only thing I can suggest is run JNOS using 'gdb' debugger, and when
it dumps, do a where on the gdb prompt, and see if there is any information
on why or where it crashed. Send me that information if you can. I assume
you are running this in Linux of course.

Anyone else getting this ?

I haven't touched the NETROM code at all. Remember, Jnos 2.0
at this stage is really just JNOS 1.11f with the AXUDP and
IPUDP mods, and a few fixes to deal with minor compiler
issues.

> Any ideas, except stopping NETWRONG altogether are welcome.
> I know NETWRONG is not a very efficient routing protocol ...

INP3 was a request by Horst, it's on the TODO list. If there
is anyone out there (Barry are you listening) that has added
some INP3 functionality to NOS already, I'd love to hear from
you.

Maiko