[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0 (DOS) - Borland C++ 3.1 or 3.0 (please read)

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sun Nov 21 00:49:10 EST 2004

Greetings all,

I have had NO problem what-so-ever compiling the JNOS 2.0 source
archive available on the download page (jnos2.zip). I used BOTH the
Borland C++ 3.0 and Borland C++ 3.1 compilers - no problemo !!!

I just loaded a fresh copy of Borland C++ 3.1 on my PC, in the
default C:\BORLANDC directory, and did exactly the following (I've
scribbled in notes for areas that *might* be an issue) :

   1) Downloaded 'jnos2.zip' file to c:\tmp

   2) mkdir c:\testsite

   3) cd c:\testsite

   4) pkunzip c:\tmp\jnos2.zip

   *** I DON'T BELIEVE THE JNOS2.ZIP creates a JNOS2 subdirectory, I
       THINK IT PUTS IT IN THE IMMEDIATE DIRECTORY (I FORGET ALREADY) ***

   *** IS THIS PERHAPS AN ISSUE WITH VERSION OF PKZIP or WINZIP ??? ***

   5) compile.bat

   *** THE COMPILE.BAT simply sets the path to include BORLANDC. You might
   want to look at this or just not use it if you have your paths set
   already ***

   6) make clean

   7) make

   8) it works. My install of the borlandc compilers is standard.

NOTE : the above is with the JNOS2.ZIP files AS IS from the download.
* I have not tried to use the CPU set to other than 8086 for example.

I hope this helps. I'm sorry people are frustrated, but I don't have
any problem compiling it here. I've spent a good amount of time on this
just trying to make sure of that. I don't know what else to say.

Maiko