[nos-bbs] attach packet woes...Please help.

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sun Nov 14 22:55:57 EST 2004

Hi Steven,

Here is an excerpt from the autoexec.nos file of the old VE4IP gateway
(running JNOS 1.11e in DOS) a few years ago. I consistently had uptimes
well over ONE month or better (no services running, just a gateway) :

#
# Attach and configure ETHERNET interface
#
attach packet 0x60 ec0 5 1500
#
ifconfig ec0 ip 198.163.218.16
ifconfig ec0 netmask 0xffffff00
ifconfig ec0 mtu 1500
#

The autoexec.bat file for the gateway was as follows :

@ECHO OFF
PROMPT $p$g
PATH C:\DOS;C:\BORLANDC\BIN
SET TEMP=C:\DOS
cd c:\
ne2000.com 0x60 0x5 0x300
cd c:\nos
jn111egw.exe -d c:\nos

> this is not jnos2, this is the last ...

Keep in mind, jnos2 is really jnos 1.11f with a few mods, and some
bug fixes. It should be entirely backward compatible. I've run it
in DOS using the above configuration without any problems.

Is your system connected direct to the internet ? I'm guessing
yes, because you were mentioning alot of ARP traffic. How big
an arp table are you allowing JNOS to build up (if that makes
any sense) ?

Maiko