[hfsig] HF APRS on a SDR

charles berry n7chs at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 18 00:01:51 EDT 2019

 WA8LMF recommends using PSK63 or MFSK16.

|  |  |

|  |
HF APRS With PSK63

    On Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 08:59:30 PM MDT, Phil Karn <karn at ka9q.net> wrote:

 On 7/17/19 17:03, charles berry via hfsig wrote:
> Looking for a qrp (both SBC & SDR) solution for  HF APRS.
>
>   - Raspberry Pi would be the preferred SBC, but I would consider others
>   - SDR, the smaller (foot print) the better.
>   - GPS timing will need to be injected at the SBC or SDR, no preference

What do you mean by "HF APRS"? Transmit, receive or both? Do you mean
full-blown 300 bps AX.25 packet on HF, which doesn't work very well?

A while ago I packaged my own experimental SDR code into a turnkey APRS
i-gate. It runs on a RPi (or other small Linux system) and currently
uses an AMSAT UK Funcube Dongle Pro+. We have it running on 144.39 at a
few sites. It's receive-only, though.

Phil