[hfsig] Re: [Flexradio] The final nail in the coffin of Morse ?

David Willmore willmore at optonline.net
Wed Jul 27 11:52:05 EDT 2005

> Considering a large majority (all?) of the new innovative sound card
> modulations have come out of Europe over the last 10 years, I suspect what
> you are fore-telling has already come to pass.

Hmmm, Joe Taylor still lives in Princeton, NJ, USA and has developed more
sound card modes than are used on HF.  FSK441 for meterior scatter, JT6M
for 6m EME, JT65 for weak signal EME, JT44 and older EME mode.  He's also
working on a new EME mode.

Wasn't MFSK16 done by ZL1BPU?  Isn't ZL1 New Zealand? :)

> > Affording the modulation with lower performance greater
> > priviledge goes against the drive to maximise spectrum
> > efficiency. We should never, ever be seen to do such a
> > thing.
>
> One can only hope the TAPR BOD is brave enough to also join the fight
> against such madness. The ARRL BOD no longer represents "amateur radio"
> but represents "tradition" or the will of the masses, whatever that is.
> They sure don't represent advancing the state of the art.

Agreed.

Cheers,
David n0ymv