[hfsig] Re: [Flexradio] The final nail in the coffin of Morse ?

jeff at aerodata.net jeff at aerodata.net
Mon Jul 25 18:24:43 EDT 2005

M1FDE stated:

>> I have to agree with Jeff.  I don't think the Board's
>> intent was for anything  but legacy AM voice having 9 KHz
>> bandwidth...certainly not data...especially not data.
>
> Then expect the USA amateurs to get left behind.
>
> There are no such restrictions in Europe.

Considering a large majority (all?) of the new innovative sound card
modulations have come out of Europe over the last 10 years, I suspect what
you are fore-telling has already come to pass.

> Affording the modulation with lower performance greater
> priviledge goes against the drive to maximise spectrum
> efficiency. We should never, ever be seen to do such a
> thing.

One can only hope the TAPR BOD is brave enough to also join the fight
against such madness. The ARRL BOD no longer represents "amateur radio"
but represents "tradition" or the will of the masses, whatever that is.
They sure don't represent advancing the state of the art.