[hfsig] Re: [Flexradio] The final nail in the coffin of Morse ?

Anthony.N.Martin at seleniacomms.com Anthony.N.Martin at seleniacomms.com
Mon Jul 25 07:44:49 EDT 2005

> I have to agree with Jeff.  I don't think the Board's
> intent was for anything  but legacy AM voice having 9 KHz
> bandwidth...certainly not data...especially not data.

Then expect the USA amateurs to get left behind.

There are no such restrictions in Europe.

The ARRL is not in a position to unilaterally thrust such
an edict on amateurs worldwide, so it only hurts it's own
members.

Affording the modulation with lower performance greater
priviledge goes against the drive to maximise spectrum
efficiency. We should never, ever be seen to do such a
thing. Amateur radio should be seen to be keeping it's
house in order if it wishes to retain the respect of
government spectrum-management authorities.

Wider bandwidth data modes are not in themselves wasteful.
The power density is lower, and the geographical footprint
is reduced. If the message is delivered quicker with less
retries then less spectrum is used.

Ant M1FDE

This email and any attached files contains company confidential information
which may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the person(s) or
entity to which it is addressed and solely for the purposes set forth
therein.  If you are not the intended recipient or have received this email
in error please notify the sender by return, delete it from your system and
destroy any local copies.  It is strictly forbidden to use the information
in this email including any attachment or part thereof including copying,
disclosing, distributing, amending or using for any other purpose.

In addition the sender excludes all liabilities (whether tortious or common
law) for damage or breach arising or related to this email including but
not limited to viruses and libel.