[hfsig] Re: [Flexradio] The final nail in the coffin of Morse?

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Wed Jul 20 21:41:33 EDT 2005

I agree that people will continue to use it but you do have to admit
that it is human nature not to
take on difficult challenges that are not necessary.   As one of my red
neck relatives would say
and let me add hastily that I agree completely:

"They will get my key when they pry my cold dead hand off of it".

To the extent that people like me remain, there will be a significant
Morse presence.   It will slowly
wither and be like AM.  You enjoy AM and I love the sound of a well done
AM transmitter but
it is a special interest group at best.  In fifty years,  given the
hobby survives that long,  I bet Morse
will be in a similar category: a SIG.

Bob