[hfsig] Performance of 24/192 soundcards? USB Soundcards

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Tue Sep 21 21:44:13 EDT 2004

You analysis is correct.  This is a self synchronizing descrambler.
It is essentially the anhilating polynomial for the scrambling polynomial.
As such,  since it is a polynomial division, it is an "infinite impulse
response" type of configuration.  This means that there is error
propagation.  The SYSTEM BER does indeed degrade with a hole at zero.

I delivered James paper at the TAPR/ARRL  DCC where the work was introduced
(Columbia, Md. a million years ago).  He has indeed done a careful analysis
and I believe the orignal paper is still available on his web site as
well as other analysis.

Bob
N4HY