[hfsig] Re: [linux] LinLink

dubose at texas.net dubose at texas.net
Wed Aug 4 16:40:48 EDT 2004

No arguement with that...it sure might be something we can bite into.

We DO want to make it backward compatible at least in the beginning and then
grow it...

We do plan to support 802.11 fully and use sendmail/qmail or such and yes POP3
will certainly be used where we can both from the Internet and via V/UHF and HF
if we can.

Of course we're not suggesting the use of 1200 baud when so much 9600 and
higher speeds are available, ie. with some of the Kantronics TNC...I think that
19.2 KBPS is really doable to replace 1200 baud.

The LinLink list is on the www.wetnet.org web site...check the left hand frame.

Thanks for the input.

Walt/K5YFW

> dubose at texas.net wrote:
> > FYI.
> >
> > Walt/K5YFW
> >
> > Name:  LinLink
> >
> > Purpose:  An Open Source Enhanced Digital Messaging for Amateur Radio
Utilizing