[aprssig] APRS-over-VARA & VarAC Chat at Dayton Hamvention

Stephen H Smith WA8LMF2 at aol.com
Mon May 13 13:57:04 EDT 2024

I will be exhibiting "Studio B" (my mobile Hamshack on wheels - uEOC - Radio
test lab - and QRP AM stereo/ FM stereo broadcast station) at the *Dayton
Hamvention* _Emergency Comms Vehicles Expo_ again this year.  "Studio B" is a
12-foot Aliner folding A-frame camper packed with radios and electronic
gadgets.  Details here:

<http://WA8LMF.net/Aliner>

I will be demonstrating   APRS-over-VARA and   VarAC Chat
(keyboard-to-keyboard live chat client and file-transfer tool).  Both run on
top of the VARA high-performance HF soft modem.

I will be beaconing the location  of the Emcomms Vehicle Expo as an APRS object
on normal VHF AX.25 APRS,  and into the APRS Internet system Thursday, Friday
and Saturday.  Currently, you can view the Hamvention-area map on my APRS
special event web server at:

<http://wa8lmf.ddns.net:14445/>

Be sure to click the link for "Close-Up View of Event".

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:  Node #  14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page: http://wa8lmf.net

30 & 60 meter NVIS  APRS-over-VARA  at Dayton Hamvention

APRS-over-VARA igates now operating on 30 & 60 meters
<http://WA8LMF.net/map>

-- APRS over VARA  --
<http://wa8lmf.net/APRSoverVARA.>