[aprssig] aprs.fi

Stephen H Smith WA8LMF2 at aol.com
Thu Jan 12 18:03:14 EST 2023

On 1/12/2023 4:36 PM, MJ Inabnit wrote:
> This morning, I tried to open aprs.fi and received a very odd map,
> somewhere on a planet.  I just tried again this afternoon.  If I put in
> my call it has an error-denied..  Is this an issue with my ISP or is
> everyone having issues trying to access aprs.fi?
>
> Tnx & 73

Just tried it on my  own calls.  It appears that aprs.fi has switched from
Google Maps to Open Street Map with it's awful generic art work.  This includes
all route markers appearing as a generic box that makes Interstate highway
numbers look the same as state and local roads.

Is Google imposing some new onerous terms-of-use forcing the switch?