[aprssig] New VARA-HF Softmodem A Spectacular Improvement For HF APRS

John Galvin jrgalvin2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 11:31:08 EST 2023

Regarding APRS on 60M. Per part 97.

Automatic control on data and RTTY is not permitted; a control operator
must be in a position to exercise either local or remote control over
the transmitter. The FCC noted that “amateur operators must exercise
care to limit the length of transmissions so as to avoid causing harmful
interference to Federal stations.” This is a very important caveat: If a
Federal station requires amateurs to cease using a frequency, the
amateur station must be able to do so without delay.

73, John - N5TIM