[aprssig] PinPoint APRS Developer?

Stephen H Smith WA8LMF2 at aol.com
Fri Nov 4 13:13:55 EDT 2022

On 11/4/2022 12:54 PM, Demetre - SV1UY wrote:
> There is also another huge problem in PinPoint APRS. Although you can
> BEACON FB on RF, you can't send APRS TEXT messages and this has been
> bugging me for more than a year now. I've asked in many forums and
> I've read that others have this problem too, but others don't or they
> never used it for APRS TEXTS at all. I have not found a solution yet!
>
> Any ideas please? Has anyone heard of this problem before!

Again,  as I pointed out previously in this thread,   it's because the author
of PinPoint perceives APRS primarily as a one-way RF-to-Internet vehicle
tracking system -- not a general purpose two-way communications tool.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:  Node #  14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page: http://wa8lmf.net

-- APRS over FLdigi Modes  --
<http://wa8lmf.net//FLdigiAPRS/index.htm>

60-Meter APRS!   HF NVIS APRS Igate Now Operating
<http://wa8lmf.ddns.net:14447/>

Flying Digipeater!
<http://WA8LMF.net/FlyingDigi>

11 Copies of UIview in Action on One Computer!
Live Off-The-Air APRS Activity Maps
<http://wa8lmf.net/map>