[aprssig] A Proposal for the Continuation of APRS

Scott Howard showard at nd.edu
Wed Feb 16 18:26:51 EST 2022

On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 10:42 AM Jeff Hochberg <jeff at w4jew.com> wrote:

> All,
>

> We are so pleased to see the responses from everyone!

This vision sounds great, thank you for putting it together! I was
skeptical at first since I was concerned about a top-down gatekeeper
approach that would repeat the previous APRS development situation.
But I think the structure Jeff is envisioning can get the best of both
worlds: some kind of structure to formally represent all the different
activities happening within APRS when needed while also allowing and
encouraging more community-led initiatives. I do like the "big
picture" thinking of APRS as an entire ecosystem rather than a set of
applications or protocol. I'm looking forward to the next steps!