[aprssig] Why do we not use APRS 9600?

Peter Laws N5UWY n5uwy at arrl.net
Wed Feb 16 17:23:45 EST 2022

On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 3:57 PM Andrew Pavlin via aprssig
<aprssig at lists.tapr.org> wrote:

> So are you prepared to tell every APRS-using ham to junk their-1200-baud-only gear and buy replacements and reconfigure their existing gear to 9600-baud amid the screams of outrage from the portion of the digipeater/I-gate user bases who don't listen to your mandate? :-)

Look, spark was good enough for Guglielmo so, by golly, it's good
enough for me.  Why, this so-called continuous wave isn't!  It's
interrupted!

Backbone first, which frees up airtime on 144.39, then give users
something at 9.6k that they couldn't get in 1985 ... I mean at 1.2k
... and people will move willingly.