[aprssig] A Proposal for the Continuation of APRS

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Feb 14 19:36:12 EST 2022

Yes, the receiving device wouldn't even know the protocol until it gets
the packet and verifies the FCS and checks the protocol ID. Regardless
of whether the device is using a SQL/COR signal, VOX, or the modem's
carrier detect it's still going to register as being in use. Some digis
might be ignoring carrier detect and transmitting over packets, but
that's a configuration issue.

Scott
N1VG