[aprssig] Modems and FEC

Randy Hall aa6rh at socorad.io
Mon Feb 14 02:28:56 EST 2022

Hey guys, I love the blue sky nature of this. Seriously. I use Direwolf for
a couple of big footprint digi/igate sites, and I'm hugely excited about
M17 as a data and digital voice mode.

But there is a ridiculous amount of installed hardware that only speaks
1200 baud AX.25 AFSK packet, and it needs to be comprehended in whatever
vision we might create.

That isn't to say the physical layer definition shouldn't be expansive to
include and accommodate many different OTA modes. But physical layer is
just part of it.

As for OpenTrac, I tried visiting http://opentrac.net/ and was visited with
a "site down" notification. Is the site meant to be offline?

--R
*--*
*Randy AA6RH*
*aa6rh at socorad.io <aa6rh at socorad.io>*
*Grid Square: CM88pl*

*QRZ Profile <https://www.qrz.com/db/aa6rh>*
*Sonoma County DMR: BrandMeister 31707
<https://brandmeister.network/?page=lh&jsonquery=%7B%22condition%22%3A%22AND%22%2C%22rules%22%3A%5B%7B%22id%22%3A%22DestinationID%22%2C%22field%22%3A%22DestinationID%22%2C%22type%22%3A%22integer%22%2C%22input%22%3A%22text%22%2C%22operator%22%3A%22equal%22%2C%22value%22%3A%2231707%22%7D%5D%7D>*