[aprssig] APRS protocol replacement ideas: protobuf

Nick VA3NNW tapr at noseynick.com
Sun Feb 13 15:29:06 EST 2022

Heikki Hannikainen wrote:
> A protobuf encoded packet format would be very similar in size than
> the existing APRS encodings, if the same data is transmitted.

I love the experiment, and some neat data too!

... However I believe protobuf requires the layers below to be
8-bit-clean, no?   :-/

Nick VA3NNW

--
"Nosey" Nick Waterman, VA3NNW/G7RZQ, K2 #5209, IRLP #2410
use Std::Disclaimer;    sig at noseynick.net
Easy new years resolution: Do Passwords PROPERLY!
  ... see https://noseynick.net/vault.html
While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers.