[aprssig] Fwd: [atgp] How much power required for a backpack tracker?

Jess Haas km6gvw at jesshaas.com
Wed Sep 29 16:40:12 EDT 2021

I would personally consider 18650 batteries. Rechargeable, hold a lot of
power and lots of headlamps, flashlights and portable power banks use them.
They are my main power on backpacking trips.

You also may want to consider compact directional antenna options. In much
of my backpacking I have found I can hear APRS but can't make it to a
digipeater or igate with my D74 even when on high ground. Sadly coverage of
wilderness areas seems to be lacking. A little extra gain might help.

-Jess
K5LLI