[aprssig] Are there ready made Digipeaters available to buy?

David Dobbins ddobbins at gmail.com
Wed May 26 20:09:28 EDT 2021

You could buy a TM-D710GA or equivalent Yaesu FTM-400, but what a waste of
a great radio to serve as a standalone digipeater.

I'd recommend a KPC-3+ TNC, configured for digi use per our nwaprs.org web
site, a VHF mobile radio, and puck GPS. You can find KPC-3 and radio used
for $100 each, and GPS for $50. As you move around in the mobile command
post, the digi position will auto update.

I have a portable digi with that configuration here at the house, K7GPS-10,
but can be moved anywhere when needed.

If not used for APRS digi, TNC can also be used for packet communications.

David K7GPS
NWAPRS