[aprssig] What APRS Symbol for Drones?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed May 26 18:23:32 EDT 2021

The intent of special icons for special symbol.overlay combos is to display
the unique icon -instead- of the base icon with an overlay character.

So the drone symbol would just be a new drone symbol without any overlay
character (on clients that adopt the new symbol)
But old clients would still display the base symbol with just an overlay.
Hope that clarifies.  Bob