[aprssig] Emergency Backup Power for a week or more

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat May 22 16:45:58 EDT 2021

As we enter hurricane season and prepare our ham radio capabilities, the
announcement of the new Ford F-150 Lightening's home backup power throws an
interesting wrinkle in the home backup power consideration.

The extended range Electric F-150 has the same battery capacity as ELEVEN
Tesla power walls at half the price and you get the #1 pickup in America
for Free!  The 9 kW of 120/240 VAC power available on its power port can
power the average American home for a week to ten days of emergency power!

See http://aprs.org/FrankenVolt.html

Bob, WB4APR