[aprssig] Solar BS (Bulletin Station)

Bill Arthur wa4opq at gmail.com
Wed May 12 13:39:57 EDT 2021

If you want to run your setup year round you won't really know the
requirements until you've had it going in your backyard all winter.
I've set up a digipeater/wx_stn and have had to increase the solar
capacity greatly.
My setup uses 380 mA for Raspi, TNC, wx setup and receiver. It has a 10W
transmitter.
This winter I had lots of sunless days, in one instance eight in a row.
I had to upgrade my system to a 75W panel and 120Ah battery.