[aprssig] 70cm APRS - And 144.39 +600 for events

VZW engr vzwengr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 15:47:39 EDT 2021

There is a fair amount of UHF (445.925) permanent infrastructure here on
mountaintops in central, east and southeast Arizona.  In nearly all the
cases, everything is co-located, so the RF coverage is "somewhat similar"
for both bands.  The UHF side is much less used, which is good as it gives
the HTs a chance of being heard.

What was missing was 2-way Igates on UHF.  When I put up a 2-way UHF Igate,
I brought the total in the state to two.  I think there might be 3 now..
:-)

Eric