[aprssig] Not to re-invent the wheel

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Sat Jan 2 11:34:11 EST 2021

On Wed, 30 Dec 2020, Matthew Chambers via aprssig wrote:

> Are there any open source C++ libraries for making and handling APRS-IS connections and parsing/creating the various APRS
> messages? I'm working on a new project that would tie in APRS messaging with another ham communications platform and rather
> then reinvent the wheel, am looking to see what's out there that I can 'borrow' from.

I'm not aware of any C++ libraries. There are a couple of plain C parsers,
https://www.pakettiradio.net/libfap/ is a C port of our Ham::APRS::FAP
parser written in Perl.  Dire Wolf (https://github.com/wb2osz/direwolf) is
written in C and has a GPL'd APRS-IS client and parser; aprx
(https://github.com/PhirePhly/aprx) has another.  But not as a library.

   - Hessu