[aprssig] Options for robust digipeaters - TT4?

Mark Cheavens mcheavens at usa.net
Tue Feb 9 00:05:03 EST 2021

You did not specify if you are looking at a mountain top with access and
power, or solar for power budget.

For "more modern" I like Bob would suggest the TT4 but also add:

1. Tracker4 (or Tracker3), I have a bunch in LOW POWER battery mountain
tops.

https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=200

2. For remote sites that have Internet (for use as a Digi AND Igate, AND
low power) WX3in1 + 2.0

https://microsat.com.pl/product_info.php?products_id=100&ceid=6ecb492c34664ccd2c3dba08c23f3433

All three are MUCH lower power consumption, solid state, not a full
computer. I have hundred's of Pi's for many uses, but I would not put
one on a mountain top with no access for months at a time!

Mark

KC5EVE