[aprssig] Making APRS text messages longer

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Wed Dec 1 12:54:16 EST 2021

In the end, the technical debt of APRS continues to draw us into not changing anything because it’s all about exact positions and many things related to ASCII as a protocol representation.

I am still a big fan of the concept and capabilities of OpenTrac which would allow new things readily, because software can trivially ignore the data that it doesn’t understand.

At some point we really should move on to a more modern and capable data system.

Gregg WONDERLY

Sent from my iPhone