[aprssig] Displaying changing symbols along station path

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Aug 25 13:22:12 EDT 2021

When I say to use MYCALL to make "an object" of note to others,
It will of co urse not be recognized as an "object" format but just
another station.report.  In my original concept of APRS I assumed
that anything on the map was an "object" and once received should
be treated the same.  The only difference was that using the actual
object format allowed the use of a nine character name.

It was very disappointing to me when one major software client
chose to collect and digest OBJECTS differently from other position
reports and so they are not managed identically.  I cannot remember
the exact details of the frustrations with that approach, but I never
intended for "objects" to be treated differently from any other station
reports.  Bob, WB4APR