[aprssig] Repeater 'telemetry'

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Sep 7 14:00:45 EDT 2020

Sounds like your project might be a good fit for one of my devices, if
your project can wait a month or two. The Tracker4 and the as-yet
unreleased ADS-SR2 repeater controller share most of their firmware and
will have a lot of overlap. Both have support for Modbus RTU over
RS-485, and the hardware support for 1-wire sensors is there but not
implemented yet. They have a Basic scripting system to simplify
telemetry setup, so you can use arbitrary sensors and do any conversion
math you might need.

They also have network support and can be configured and monitored
remotely if you have network access at the site, and EchoLink support is
largely working.

QST came out with a favorable review of the Tracker4 about a year ago
and we were just starting to catch up with the surge in demand when the
coronavirus hit, which screwed up the supply chain and decimated our
non-ham product sales and we're just starting to put the pieces back
together. Trying to keep up with production on a skeleton crew using our
tiny in-house pick-and-place setup has been killing productivity but
this week I'm getting the big stuff outsourced to a contract
manufacturer in Texas so I can finally get back to writing code.

Scott
N1VG