[aprssig] Direwolf Software TNC release 1.6 has finally arrived.
John Langner WB2OSZ
wb2osz at comcast.net
Wed Oct 28 19:40:11 EDT 2020
The long awaited Direwolf Software TNC release 1.6 has finally arrived.
New Features include:
* FX.25 - Forward error correction (FEC) added in a way that is completely
compatible with an ordinary AX.25 frame. See new document
AX25_plus_FEC_equals_FX25.pdf for details.
* Receive AIS location data from ships.
* Receive Emergency Alert System (EAS) Specific Area Message Encoding
(SAME). A sample application is provided to convert these to APRS messages.
* AX.25 + FEC = FX.25
* AIS Reception
* AX.25 Throughput: Why is 9600 bps Packet Radio only twice as fast as
* Ham Radio of Things (HRoT) - IoT over Ham Radio
* EAS SAME to APRS Message Converter
* Dire Wolf PowerPoint Slide Show
* Direwolf runs on Linux (including Raspberry Pi), Windows, and Mac OSX.
More information about the aprssig