[aprssig] What is APRS, really? USA Coverage?

Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) KJ4ERJ at arrl.net
Fri Oct 23 14:03:04 EDT 2020

Already done.   Just run APRSIS32 and set the following:

View / None - Get rid of everything
View / Transport / Digipeater - Shows all stations that have digipeated
Screen / PHG Range Circles / Full or Half

And if you want to see them darker, just crank up the opacity number in
Screen / PHG Range Circles / Opacity

Of course, this relies on all the digipeaters actually including valid
PHG information.

For instance, here's central Florida with 1/2 sized circles (good
coverage for mobiles).  And you can see why tracking from Melbourne
(WX4MLB-3, just north of ME) to Orlando (west of K4EOC) takes you
through an APRS RF dead zone. As is most of the I-95 corridor up through
Daytona Beach.  K4EOC is actually a digi, but doesn't beacon PHG
information.