[aprssig] Precedence Bit and IP Encapsulation

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue May 19 13:06:02 EDT 2020

I'd love to hear if any system in APRS actually implemented the Precedence
bit?
http://aprs.org/aprs12/precedence-bit.txt

Basically it is making the Table-Overlay character a lower case character.
Back in 2013, the limit on implementing it was UIVIEW that wouild not let
a user enter a lower case overlay character.
But UIVIEW should no longer be a holdback...  Though probably radios
cannot enter a lower case either...

Bob, WB4APR