[aprssig] HF APRS igates on fldigi

spam8mybrain spam8mybrain at yahoo.com
Wed May 13 10:03:04 EDT 2020

Yes, because it would be insanely difficult to type a binary AX.25 header by hand. The packets aren't in ASCII TNC2 command-mode format, so no receiving station will understand them with the first 16+ bytes of the frame not compliant with the AX.25 protocol specification.

Andrew, KA2DDOauthor of YAAC