[aprssig] APRS speed and Cosine Rule?

Rusty Bryant rustyb78 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 11:15:15 EDT 2020

 Bob,

If you want me to keep you safe I'll say YES, but the reality is, most radar units in police cars do not use a cosine rule.

Part of our training is that we should keep a 10 degree or less angle between our unit and the target.

But, any increase in angle will only benefit the suspect.  If they are going 30 mph over the speed limit and our radar indicates that you are only going 20mph over the limit, then you just got away with the 10mpg delta.

Just remember this, when you double your speed, you quadruple the impact force if you crash.

Speed Kills!

Rusty
WB4BSD