[aprssig] APRS speed and Cosine Rule?

Chris Hoffman cq.kg6o at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 17:08:00 EDT 2020

Every Law Enforcement Department is different, but cosine compensation is
probably not as important as many other features available to law
enforcement these days, Bob:

https://www.lasertech.com/LaserSoft-SpeedCapture-App.aspx

Perhaps, one day, we'll be 'lucky' enough to have the
complete telemetry and video captured by the arresting officer's device
streamed by the patrol unit, through their central collection facility, to
our own smart phone and/or in-car smart AV device(s) in real-time. That
way, as our car's dashboard lights up to alert us that we have been caught
speeding, with a video of ourselves in the act and a small notice that a
fine has been posted to our vehicle registration number at the DMV should
we choose not to avail ourselves of the automated justice system to contest
the resulting ticket. the ID of which is also flashing in the video output
we can wave at ourselves... if only to gauge the amount of delay in the
stream.

/ch
N6QR

Oh... and always be ready to compare the vehicle's onboard sensor package
readings to that reported from the patrol unit's detectors, should we want
to suggest that one or the other be calibrated more closely as we pay the
fine.