[aprssig] APRS-IS: frames bypassing server filter

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Wed Jul 15 17:56:32 EDT 2020

Hi,

Looking for qAO would have some side-effects for iGates which have more
than one port, with one being just a receiver (on a different band maybe)
and one a transmit-capable one. It'd have to keep track whether any
non-qAO packets are heard and then re-enable igate support. In non-igate
mode it'd have to check all packets just in case one would be non-qAO.

Some other corner cases may also rise.

But since Wojtek pointed out that the question was more of the academical
type, maybe we can skip the coding part at this point and have one
complication less to worry about. :)

I wonder if rx-only iGates typically implement the qAO construct or just
stick to qAR. I'd run some statistics but it's 1 AM already.