[aprssig] Weather Station for APRS

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Mon Jul 13 20:24:24 EDT 2020

"Eric H. Christensen via aprssig" <aprssig at lists.tapr.org> writes:

> The Davis stations all seem to require some sort of computer to handle
> the data and won't directly interface with anything non-proprietary
> that I know of.

The Davis dataloggers have a serial port, and the protocol it speaks is
actually documented.  Most people that I know use weewx to talk to it,
and there is python code to deal with the weather station data.

It would seem to be a small matter of programming to parse the Davis
LOOP packets in an arduino of some kind, or in the firmware of a TNC.

> https://microsat.com.pl/product_info.php?products_id=100&osCsid=f68a73a24783f19722a199de2b538127

Note that this is actually a computer, and appears to be proprietary :-)
But it does seem that if as described it would do what you want, without
having the annoying parts of a computer - which is what I think you meant.

73 de n1dam