[aprssig] Weather Station for APRS

Eric H. Christensen eric at aehe.us
Mon Jul 13 18:39:49 EDT 2020

If you were to buy a weather station, today, that was of good quality (data collection-wise) and would easily connect to an APRS client (thinking YAAC) when the client was available or with a Kantronics TNC or Byonics MicroTrak MTT4BT when a client isn't available (like when I take my computer with me to leave the site for a period of time).

The standard has been the Peet Brothers Ultimeter 2100 but I haven't really been happy with the quality of the station or the displays.  The Davis stations all seem to require some sort of computer to handle the data and won't directly interface with anything non-proprietary that I know of.  Is there something in the middle that is of good quality but also easy to work with data-wise?

73,
Eric WG3K

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.