[aprssig] FW: New Product | 4 Watt 27 MHz HF Radio Buoy Transmitte r

wa4tkg at netzero.net wa4tkg at netzero.net
Sat Feb 29 09:40:12 EST 2020

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Stephen H. Smith via aprssig" <aprssig at lists.tapr.org>
Subject: Re: [aprssig] FW: New Product | 4 Watt 27 MHz HF Radio Buoy Transmitter
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 18:08:14 -0500

Given the rampant amount of illegal high-power CB operation in this spectrum, I
would not want to depend on being able to reliably receive or control an
important device with one of these radios.  Logitech even once made cordless
mice and keyboards that operated on these frequencies!

The frequencies mentioned below are the "missing" 10KHz steps of the 27 MHz CB
band -- the CB channels go three 10KHz steps and then a jump over a "missing"
channel, then three more 10 KHz steps and a jump, etc.   These radio control
channels were present long before "Class D CB"  was created in the late '50s,
with channels packed in between the RC channels.

CBers have long since colonized these "private" channels with modified radios.
In fact radios covering the 26-30 MHz range in 5 KHz steps, claimed to be
"10-Meter Amateur Radios", are available in the CB section of the convenience
store at any large truck stop like Pilot, Love's, etc.  The FCC has repeatedly
busted these chains with significant fines, but after a few months these radios
reappear.]

On 2/24/2020 12:23 PM, Robert Bruninga wrote:
> Hummh… a 27.195 MHz APRS channel?
>
> *From:*Danny Lemos <sales at lemosint.com <mailto:sales at lemosint.com>>
> *Subject:* New Product | 4 Watt 27 MHz HF Radio Buoy Transmitter
>

>     4 Watt 27 MHz HF
>     Radio Buoy Transmitter
>
> The RBT0 transmitter modules offer a 10kHz channel spacing multi channel, high
> power, long range HF radio link for Remote Control or Radio Buoy applications.
>

>       Features
>
>   * Complies with FCC Part 95 Subpart C - §95.735 RCRS equipment certification
>     exception
>   * Fractional-N PLL Frequency synthesiser with high stability 10ppm crystal
>     reference
>   * DC-DC switch-mode power supplies, for optimum power efficiency
>   * Channel select by solder links, or re-programmable via serial port
>   * Overcurrent Protection
>   * Under-voltage lock-out to prevent unpredictable behaviour at battery
>     end-of-life.
>

>       Applications
>
>   * Radio Control Radio Service (RCRS) when used with a matching Encoder/Decoder
>   * Control of model crafts and devices
>   * Telecommand - to turn on and/or off a device at a remote location.
>   * Telemetry - to transmit a signal from a sensor at a remote location that
>     turns on and/or off an indicating device for the operator
>   * Beacons or Radio Buoy for Fishing Drift Net
>

>       Technical Summary
>
>   * Frequencies: 26.995, 27.045, 27.095, 27.145, 27.195 and 27.255 MHz. Any
>     0.5MHz sub-band within 26-28 MHz
>   * FM Deviation ±1.2kHz
>   * Transmit power: +36 dBm (4 Watts) ±1dB Spurious Emissions < -36dBm (no
>     spurii output in standby)
>   * Harmonics < -60dBc (2 nd harmonic -40dBm or -75dBc)
>   * Supply range: 10V-15V DC (12V Nominal)
>   * Current consumption: 650mA Nominal (transmit) <10µA Standby (TXE Low)
>   * Data bit rate: 4kbps max.
>   * TX modulation bandwidth DC – 3kHz
>   * TX switching time ON: 50ms from Low to High TXE transition OFF: 25ms from
>     High to Low TXE transition
>   * Temperature -20˚C to +55˚C (operating), -30˚C to +85˚C (storage)
>   * Dimension: 176 x 27 x 6mm
>
> Image removed by sender.

Is The Dow Headed for a Historic Drop? (See this NOW)
oxfordclub.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3231/5e5a7838137ab7837452bst04duc