[aprssig] Packet on the ISS

MJ Inabnit ke6sls at arrl.net
Thu Feb 27 14:03:28 EST 2020

I've become really interested in working the ISS on packet.  A fellow
ham was able to get his ping returned about 2 months ago which gave me
hope!

The last few weeks, I've planned my days around ISS passes and haven't
heard a peep.  Yesterday I found this:

<https://www.ariss.org/current-status-of-iss-stations.html>
Current Status of ISS Stations
as of 02/20/2020

​Columbus Module radios:

    Ericsson VHF-  Packet system stopped working (2/15).
    Ericsson UHF- Stowed.

    MarconISSta - Temp. stowed.

Looks like my odds of working the ISS are NIL at this point, but does
anyone have an idea how long the ISS will be down?  I've dug around here
but I really have not found any real "radio space news"..  Hopefully
someone here might know a little more.

Until then, my pings will remain "GROUNDED" :)

73

wishing you well
Jaye, ke6sls--via the toshiba w/thunderchicken