[aprssig] HF APRS igates on JS8

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sun Apr 26 23:09:29 EDT 2020

On 4/24/2020 12:29 AM, Stephen H. Smith via aprssig wrote:
> On 4/23/2020 10:36 PM, Joe Bennett wrote:
>> OK. Just saw I was digi'ed by WA8LMF... Wonder who that is? :)
>>
>> I misunderstood your earlier email as I thought that I was to be centered on
>> 1400Hz, which would be an offset of 1375Hz. Moved the Offset to 1400Hz and
>> then saw you gate me to the APRSIS... Now to figure out why we can't hear the
>> other Joe, N3HGB?
>>

>> -- Joe
>> KA3NAM
>>

> Wow!  It actually worked.  Guess I've got it configured right!

[26 Apr 2020   2300 EDT]

I have copied KA3NAM and N3HGB several times each now over the last 48 hours or
so on the 60-meter JS8 setup.  Latest copy was KA3NAM:

  02:15:59  (1403) - KA3NAM: @APRSIS GRID EM28OV

I also copied several signals with either no callsign and/or no location
information.

Whoever is trying this stuff needs to double-check their JS8CALL setup options.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
EchoLink:  Node #  14400  [Think bottom of the 2-meter band]
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net

-----   NEW!    60-Meter APRS!   HF NVIS APRS Igate Now Operating  ------
    <http://wa8lmf.ddns.net:14447/>

Live Off-The-Air APRS Activity Maps