[aprssig] FWD: Re: HF APRS igates

Joe Bennett aprs at ka3nam.com
Thu Apr 23 16:02:30 EDT 2020

I think there is confusion between the APRS format and the JS8CALL format. If the APRS format was used to send in JS8/FT8 it'll take 30 minutes to send the packet. I'm being facetious but it will take a LONG time... The JS8CALL format is converted somewhere else in the network to the APRS format and then dumped on the APRSIS. I'm guessing after its forwarded to JS8NET?

-- Joe
KA3NAM